Monday, January 30, 2006

Simple pleasures.

I got a beautiful remnant from work today. It's a chocolate satin with shimmery gold, copper and burgundy leaves (like Japanese maples I think) embroidered on it. I got almost a yard for only $2. Whoever tagged remnants today had the prices all wrong! Lucky me, and all the rest of the customers who bought them. I am going to buy solid chocolate sating and make shams for my bed. It would make beautiful bed linens, but I am NOT that talented, so I am settling for the shams.

One of the girls from work wants me to make her a tote bag. She chose a quilted fabric (so it won't need to be lined) but I have no idea how to hide the rough edges, ANY SUGGESTIONS? The whole point of using a liner (in my opinion) is to hide the seams.

I had to buy more cold medicine for little J and this time I got Dimetapp. It's awesome. It didn't make him nutty or overly drowsy, and his runny nose and cough is gone. I only give him the medicine at night so he can get some rest. Last night I gave him Triamenic and he was still coughing all night. I won't buy that again.

I work 5 days this week. That's an extra $60 dollars on my paycheck, YAY!

I applied at yet another bank, hopefully I will land this job. It really sucks that most banks here stay open until 6 pm. Even if I put J in after care I couldn't work that late. Daycare closes at 6 and James doesn't get out of work early or consistently enough. Let's hope we can work something out. I really want to get back to a real job.

In Joann news, dick manager left me alone today. Noticeably so, I wonder why?

Almost time for CSI Miami and The Gaunlet 2. Both my favorites. I can watch both because the commercial sequences are at different times. :)

No comments: