Saturday, January 07, 2006

I'm FREEZING

James took the brunt of my flailing arms and curse words like a champ. Once I was through screaming of my disgust at the situation, he talked me down. I am once again my snarky self, just a little less chatty.

I only work three days again next week (9 whole hours!) My hours are dwindling and I believe the end is near. I will miss my discount but the job wasn't that fantastic, nothing rewarding about being a cashier.

I have gathered the courage to make a quilt. Nothing fancy smanchy. It has been a dream of mine since James was born. I wanted to make one out of his baby clothes, but I couldn't make myself cut up his cute outfits. I went through my fabric bins today and found a calico that is really pretty. The pattern is aqua blue flowers w/ pink centers on a "feathery" white background. The woman I work with told me how to make an "easy" quilt and gave me a couple of pattern ideas. I haven't decided which to use. The first is just easy, plain blocks of aqua and pink with the print. (and forgive me I can't think of the word to describe what I mean right now, I keep saying interlocked in my head but it's not really locking, as just sewing a straight seam, maybe I mean interchanging.) The second is strips of the print and solids sewn together then cut into blocks. It would be pieced as blocks of vertical stripes, horizontal, vertical, etc. I think I will use the rest of my gift card on the materials.

I also found a valentine print and shamrock print, from James old daycare pillow cases, when I made a new one for every holiday. His teacher thought I was so awesome for changing them, lol. I think I am going to make them into bags. Or use them to line a solid, not sure which. I still have about 10 different patterns for bags that I haven't even looked at yet.

It's chilly here, this morning it was in the high 30's. I actually turned the heat on to take the chill out, since I couldn't get my hands warm enough. It's better now, but I decided I didn't feel like running around in the cold especially this evening, so I told James to drive to work today. Yeah I skipped Karate, but I think it's worth it to miss one class, if it means not having to lug a sleeping 45 pound James out in the cold tonight. He had two classes this week and that's all that's required. I think I am one of like 3 parents that actually bring the kids in 3-4 times a week.

We decided we're not going to move after all. It doesn't really make sense to move. I think our rents gonna go up about $100 though, YIKES. I'll need to keep my job. The reason it's so low now is we got a special for signing a one year lease. I only want to do a 6 month lease this time, and I am crossing my fingers that they are nice to me and don't raise the rent to market value.

I have tons to clean, so I guess I better get going. Thanks for the (((hugs))) I really felt awful the other night!

2 comments:

GypseeMommy said...

I guess where you are, that is freezing cold, LOL. I can't wait to move further south! I keep getting less and less tolerant of the cold.

Anonymous said...

I hated working at Jo-Anns , the work was never done , the fabric multiplied in those bins like freaking rabbits and the customers never failed to make a mess :(
Speaking of bags I was sooo motivated to make a few the other day , I went and got a new pattern ( on sale ) and some cute fabric ( purple dots ) I got home cut the pattern and lost the spark , I just sat there looking at he fabric thinking how I didnt enjoy sewing so I decided to sell my sewing machine . Maybe if I can sell it FAST I can go get that kitty before it find a new home ... ww I am rambling ... sorry