Saturday, January 21, 2006

One step at a time

I applied for financial aid for school. I don't have any idea what I want to be when I grow up, even after having 6 years to decide. I should have a degree already but I had to buck the system (mom) and let my indecisiveness get the best of me.

I often run careers by my mom since she knows me best. A couple months ago I thought being an preschool/elementary art teacher would be awesome for me. I'm not very artistic but I am crafty and always have been. If I taught younger kids it would be more crafts and less still lives. Mom has dismissed many of my ideas (she'll believe it when she sees it kinda thing) When I told her this idea she was truly excited about it. James laughed at me when I came up with the idea, he feels just like my mom, he take what I say with a grain of salt. I talk a good talk but never follow through. But to have Mom believe in me? I figured it was a good idea, and it's something I actually like. Do I want to be a cashier for the rest of my life, NO!

So besides that career choice I also need one that is a 2 yr degree, so I can get a better job. I need the money.

My sis is taking interior design which I think is cute, if she ever decides to be one she'll do great (she has the luxury of taking classes just because she can, I can't afford to do that)

Now I have to get ready for karate.

Please leave a comment on any career fields you think I might do well in.

1 comment:

GypseeMommy said...

I like the preschool teacher idea. You are creative and crafty and there is alot of things like that to do with preschoolers. One of my friends from high school is a preschool teacher and she just has a 2 year degree in Early Childhood Development.
I totally understand people not taking your career ideas seriously though. I have the same problem. After several stupid ideas that I didn't follow through on, I've decided to be a Medical Transcriptionist. But I can tell that most people are thinking "Yea, I'll believe it when I see it."