Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I was having such a great day. James was off and dropped me off at work. It ended up I wasn't on the schedule, woopsie I hadn't checked. So James turned right back around and picked me up. We went to Panera and then looked at apartments. The ones I wrote about earlier were AWFUL. The leasing agent was really sweet but that doesn't make up for the way they allow their tenants to let their porches look like a crapfest. The patios were HUGE and screened in, but all of them were piled high with an assortment of shit. So we kept looking and found two that we REALLY like. James has made an appt with a realtor, and he is going to see what we can afford and then let us know what's available.

Then we took James to karate and he was doing great.

On the way home my best friend called me. I have written about her but not in great length. Here's the run down. She got involved with someone who already has 5 kids. She lied to me and said they weren't having sex and then got PG. They are now living in a hotel (because he keeps getting laid off and they have gotten evicted from 2 apts.) and have custody of 4 of his kids plus their's together. (what judge gives custody to someone without a steady income and living in a hotel????) So basically she's like the guy and his ex's nanny.

So the beginning of the conversation is the usual, then she blurts out.......
"are you pregnant yet? because I am!" Ummmm what. She then goes on to say she had to go to the hospital earlier because she was bleeding and she had wished she had miscarried. (she said she knew it was wrong to feel that way, but she doesn't want this baby) So that was the end of my good day. I didn't say much else, I let her talk. Then when I got off the phone I was hysterical. How does she, who doesn't even want a baby, get pregnant. When they can't even afford the FIVE that already live with them. Life is ironic and I feel like shit. I'm not happy for her and I didn't pretend to be. It was stupid of her to allow it to happen. She's 25 for pete's sake and although she's poor, there's a family planning in her city. She could have gotten birth control pills for free. I know she's my best friend but I don't want to talk to her right now. And yeah I wasn't supportive, I called her a moron. She wasn't offended.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Bon, life is so unfair sometimes. Its just not right.

Anonymous said...

BONNIE !!!!!!! Why oh why will you not email me ???