Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's colder in my house

then it is outside. I am fully dressed with socks on and my feet are still cold.

It's a beautiful 60* out, so yes I did go get a paper.

James is down for a nap because he was starting to get nutty. He covered himself in one of my comforters and was trying to be a ghost, one who almost knocked over my cup of tea. I told him to get on the couch and actually watch the movie he asked me to turn on. Instead of doing that he goofed off some more and spilled purple and blue yogurt on the floor. (it doesn't come out easily even with stain remover) So I sent him to take a nap.

I looked in the paper at houses (for sale and rent) The prospect just doesn't look good. I hate being the pessimistic one. I prefer to be called a "realist" When the lender did our debt/income ratio and gave us back a number on what we can afford James was pissed and wanted to work with someone else. He didn't realize this was standard practice, even with apartment complexes. We exceed that ratio right now with me not working. When we applied for this one, I had a full time job and was bringing home a nice paycheck. So anyway..... Every house in our area is at least 150K I know that's not alot but you don't know our bills and such. It's more then we can afford. I don't want to own a house, only to live worse off then now. That's ridiculous, and believe me buying a house will raise our "payment" by $500 or more. We cannot afford that. James says I should get a real job and I am all for that, but I also think that we just need to wait and save our money. I figured that if I got a job and saved 200 a month, plus we saved our income tax refunds we could have the down payment, a better credit score, and lower interest rates on the mortgage within 5 years. That way we could get a 200k+ home and actually being paying a reasonable mortgage on it. He wants everything !!!NOW!!! which bothers me, I will not pay 3-4x what someone with a higher credit score would pay. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

Let me stop being pissy.

2 comments:

GypseeMommy said...

I SO wish that we had been this logical before buying our last house. It would've saved us so much aggrivation. I think you are definitely being smart here. From what you've said, waiting would be best.

Unknown said...

you're so right about the house. there were hidden costs that i hadn't anticipated too when we bought this house, even though it was cheap.

there was something i'd wanted to comment about earlier in this entry but i forgot when i read about the house stuff.