Thursday, March 23, 2006

Starting off on the wrong foot

I went to get my blood drawn this morning. All went fine, she was able to get three vial, which for me is a near miracle. Yesterday I had missed my dr's call so I just wrote down my questions and was going to leave them for her. She got in right as I was leaving so we were able to talk. As I was talking to her and trying to make James behave, the nurse came in because she forgot to ask me when I got my period. It HAS to be CD 3 blood. Well I fritzed and told her Wednesday, which means I am on CD 2. As they both looked horrified I got even more frazzled and said, "but I know I made the appt for day 3" They looked annoyed but told me to come back in the morning. As I was talking to the receptionist I realized my period came Tuesday. Today WAS CD 3, and I had just confused the days. Shit. The nurse had to take my vials out of the bio-hazard bucket. I felt really stupid and I am sure she was annoyed beyond belief. I have to schedule my HSG for next week. I also asked the Dr to run tests for PCOS. She looked at me funny and said she thought I already had those tests done by my primary care physician (I don't have one). Unless she did the tests in November I haven't because I didn't have a problem until now and she is the only Dr. I see.

Now we have the big decision about what happens if we really are infertile as opposed to just a little out of whack. I don't think we can afford to pay for the treatments out of pocket. And definitely not something expensive like IVF. I feel stuck and hope I don't have to make this decision.

In other news.

Darlene is on her way, YAY! It's chilly and rainy so we'll stay close to home I think. I can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know how things turn out. I hope you spoiled yourself with a treat, after giving up that much blood for the vampires lol