Saturday, March 11, 2006

"I have bad news and good news"

My mom called today and that's what she said. I couldn't imagine what was so important that she had to call me.

My aunt's father died and the funeral was today. He wasn't my grandfather but he didn't need to be for us to love him. He was the sweetest man I know and if he had been my grandfather I would have been a lucky girl. It is very sad but he was very sick and we all knew he wouldn't make it much longer.

The good news is. Mom's coming to visit in April. A friend of hers is driving to Pensacola and mom got the bright idea to drive along and then have me come pick her up. She had no idea that I'd have to drive ALL the way across state. I laughed and told her she might as well be in Mississippi. But I am going to get her. Even if it is a painfully long trip. I have been thinking about surprising James, like just picking him up from work with her in the car. But as we saw with the Seagrove trip a simple trip can turn into a nightmare for me, and I could be gone long past when he normally gets off. We'll see.

FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION DARLENE, I am going to Hobby Lobby later. I need another picture frame. I didn't like the way the clear looked on my print. But since it's not a necessity and James hasn't napped yet I might not make it.

No comments: