Sunday, March 26, 2006

Clean at last

James' bedroom looked like a tornado blew through it. No matter how often I clean it, he just won't keep up with it. New rule: Next toy Mom puts away goes in the Goodwill bin. It's now spotless, less a lot of stupid happy meal toys, and I fixed the curtain rod that he accidentally (twice) pulled out of the cheap ass drywall. J sr. wanted me to switch his bed around because he sleeps in it the wrong way. J sr. figures if it's the same direction as his old bed he'll sleep properly. I don't really care how he sleeps just as long as he does! So to do that I had to move everything around. The bed is huge. A twin size car bed takes up too much space. Besides that he has his (outside) little tykes playhouse my mom bought and J sr won't get rid of, a little walmart dresser and bookshelf, a desk, a kids size adarondak table w/ 2 chairs, a rocking horse a 3 drawer plastic bin and one of those shelves that hold three rows of plastic bins. The only child is SPOILED. It wasn't so bad before but turning the bed made the room appear smaller, even though everything is still flat against each wall. Weird.

That took a couple of hours to complete. Besides that I read the newspaper and clipped coupons, did a load of dishes and laundry. I can't believe it's 4:30 already.

James is working a mid so I am not sure when he'll get home. He thought they would be busy since TPC (The player's championship, golf) is not too far from them. YEAH right. I assume they'd be eating at the country club, or any surrounding fancy restaurant. But anyway, if he's not busy he'll be here around 8:30. He has to work Open to close tomorrow. I hate that BS.

The kid and I somehow got invited to his brother's fraternity BBQ. I guess he knows J has to work. I don't mind going but I think I'll feel funny without James with me, KWIM. I don't do well with strangers and I can't expect his brother to hover over us as J would.

My newspaper is all over the place. Guess I should clean that up and finish folding my laundry.

1 comment:

GypseeMommy said...

I'm having the same problem w/the girls bedroom in the new apt. They share a room, since they share all their toys (and a 3 bedroom apt costs alot more). But they'll have a smaller room in the new apt, so fitting all their stuff in there is gonna be really hard. I dread it! Hope the Goodwill plan works for you. It drives me nuts when the girls room is so messy!