Saturday, March 04, 2006

Now I really feel like an ass

The reason I said the HR woman left no message was because my phone didn't beep, blink or show the icon as usual. She hadn't called me back as of 4:30 and for some reason I decided to check my voice-mail anyway. WHATTAYA KNOW? She left a damn message. I wasted all day because of my damn stupid phone, madddddd! So I called and she was still there. GREAT! She was very enthusiastic. She told me of a couple of openings but all were part time. They require a six month commitment to a branch and she was hesitant to put me in one of these openings because she was SURE she had some FT positions available soon. She is holding my application until something comes up. And if not I can always take one of the PT branches for six months and move from there. I did not get the feeling that she was brushing me off, in fact quite the opposite, so I will happily wait a few more months if it means a better position.

We have Karate this morning and I am already dreading it. I am crossing my fingers that J won't be a brat. I put him to bed early and he has already had breakfast. We have discussed that he will not be allowed to take in any toys, since that is usually why he flips out. When it comes time for his lesson he'd rather play, from there it escalates into he is tired and needs to sleep, and he means at karate. I'm not playing this game anymore. He seems to be in a good mood so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope you get the job! :)

GypseeMommy said...

Good luck with the job and with karate too! Emi is going thru a brat phase too. Sometimes you just don't want to take them anywhere when they've been acting like this. I little J's passes soon!

Anonymous said...

wooohooo on the job... I hope it happens soon.