Thursday, February 02, 2006

Here's the scoop

Our renewal for this apt had to be turned in on the 31st. At that time we had decided it was best for us to go ahead and renew, as we hadn't found a house we liked. I begged for a few more days since the office was supposed to give us 15 days(they only gave us 10) Now I have found a house that seems promising, but I have to look at it without James. DAMN. It is priced right at our limit and has already been reduced by 10k, which leaves little room for negotiation (on closing costs) I don't have 5k for closing closts. Wish I did. But we also had to have $1000 binder and $500 for the appraiser (I am guessing on the $500 it may be a little less) So I had to call my dad (just for the $1500, he can't afford more.) Of course he came through, but James hates that I asked. I understand where James is coming from because even with being his daughter I felt weird asking.

The house seems perfect but their realtor told our's that they have had a lot of showings(but no offers yet) The house says that it needs minor repairs, so I am nervous that some hotshot house flipper will buy it before we can make an offer, and then that bastard will sell it for twice what he paid. Flipping is rampant in Jacksonville.

So I have an appt at 3pm. This house seems perfect from the description and picture! But looks can be deceiving. It may need a lot of repairs, so I will report back around 4pm.

No comments: