Sunday, February 12, 2006

A blustery day

It started raining around 5 o'clock last night. It wasn't really cold, just dark and windy. The other night I had mentioned wanting Potato soup and James made it for me last night. We also had BLT's. It was the perfect dinner for such a miserable evening. This morning we woke up and it's COLD. It was 60* yesterday, now it's 39* (31* w/ windchill) We all sleep in t-shirts but I had to jump into my flannel PJ's and socks before I could venture out from under my quilt. Little James just woke up and I made sure he put his PJ pants on too. I am not sure why he slept so long but I am positive today will be a good day because of it.

----
I haven't bought good dryer sheets in about 4 years. I buy the cheap 88 cent ones. Before we had little J we had a lot more money (because we split the bills with his cousin and we were both working full time and James had a part time job as well) So I didn't mind spending $7 on tide and $3 on Bounce. Now I can't bring myself to pay for that luxury. James has been complaining lately because he misses the smell. So I splurged and bought Bounce. He walked into the laundry room, smelled it and then came out and kissed me. I didn't realize at first what was going on (I was on the computer) He was SO happy, small pleasure huh? Well yesterday morning Little J's uniform was fresh from the dryer and while I was putting it on him he pulled his collar to his nose. "MMMM Mama this smells gooood!!!" I guess I'll be buying bounce from now on. The damn dryer sheets are more appreciated then me when I smell good, LOL.

----
Today is our (my) day of rest. James drives himself to work and little J and I just hang out. I have some cleaning to do but I don't mind that so much these days. Since James cleaned so well I have been making an effort to keep it up. It's much easier to do and now I am not feeling so grumpy about it. I am going to do my best to keep up with it. I have done so well that James complimented me on it. (that's really big of him, since he feels I don't clean well enough) (I really don't!)

----
We have a three day weekend coming up but I am unsure as to what we'll do. We have karate graduation and I had to buy a new uniform so that ate up a huge chunk of my "play" money. I'm so glad that J will be starting Kindergarten in a few months and I can actually get a full time job without having to pay for daycare. The school's after care is only $100 a month so if I do need it it's not gonna break the budget like a daycare would ($400 or more a month)

----
It's only 9 am but I think I am gonna have some more of that delicious soup!

No comments: