Monday, February 06, 2006

First of all

Is anyone is West Palm Beach and trying to call me? I don't give out my phone number unless you're a friend and I don't recognize the number. I don't believe anybody I know lives down there but it was worth a shot ;)


THE SUPERBOWL PARTY.....
Not so bad. It was just us, our hosts, and their neighbors. Just like last time we were invited. Our hostess was pissed that other people invited didn't show up or have the courtesy to decline the invitation.

We had a good time (just like last time) I like that no one else came. Since the game was such a bore we left in the 4th to get home for Grey's Anatomy. (which my sis in OH had agreed to tape and send to me, lol)

I like the wife. It's rumored she's a little nutty, but I think the neighbor influences her thought process too much (I have sat and chatted w. neighbor twice and still don't like her that much) They are the type of women that get together and husband bash, but worst of all they are VERY catty and have too much to say about other women the husbands might be looking at, or for example helping mow the lawn (host husband mowed the new neighbors lawn because her mower was broken) The wives have obvious jealousy issues. I don't think it's funny so I didn't giggle and join in. I feel bad for the husbands and it just reassured me that I wasn't wrong when I decided I didn't like most women (for this exact reason.) So I am thinking that if the neighbor wife wasn't around hostess wife not be so catty? Especially if there is no one else to join in the cattiness.

Here's the most shocking event of the evening. The neighbor dad let their 6 yr old drink beer. I'm not talking just a taste. He chugged the end of the bottle, (it was about half a cup) and then came back when daddy got a fresh one. James and I were shocked. And little James you ask? He looked at us with saucers for eyes, and then told the boy, "I don't drink beer, it's not for kids" (that's my smart boy) Some of you may not be as shocked, but I feel it's really inappropriate, especially when you are not in you're own home and around other people's children.

We came home and Grey's Anatomy ended horribly. I don't think they'll kill Meredith but her damn hand is on a freakin bomb. I love this show so much that I hate when the hour is up. I can hardly wait for next week!

Little James did not get enough sleep last night and was so grouchy this afternoon that I skipped karate. I can't deal with his moods when we're there. Mondays are always bad because we have to take James to work, so little J has no time to nap. Then he is a whiny irritating grouch at karate. I think I may skip monday classes from now on. I still take him twice during the week and can always switch out Mon for another day.

He is headed for bed now, and I am gonna finish my brown bag. I got the handles halfway done, but little J wanted to play a game, and then I took a nap.

1 comment:

GypseeMommy said...

OMG, I would've been totally shocked at the 6 year old drinking beer too! My girls are so bad that when Terry drinks a beer they ask him why he wants to drink that gross smelling stuff, LOL.