Saturday, February 04, 2006

Another awful house

I had two houses to look at yesterday both in the 120k range.

The first was AWFUL. It was still occupied by the owner and the place was disgusting. We walked in and walked right back out. The 2nd house was the best of all the houses I have seen. It appears to be well maintained, is on a quiet street, and has a nice size fenced back yard. I would put a bid in if we had more time. Since I have to tell the apt complex if we're staying or not, we don't have time to get a proper inspection. I don't want to rush into a house, and with the whole stupid 60 day notice to the complex we are rushing. Hopefully we will find something in the next 7 months that is just as good (and cheap)

The house wasn't perfect, so I am not devastated by not buying it. The windows would need to be replaced (they were crank windows with no screens) one of the bedrooms needs the hardwood floor refinished and the bathroom had that awful 1970's tile (except it was brown instead of pink or green) So it wasn't my dream home, but compared to the other much more expensive houses this place was a mansion!


We have a super bowl party at the GM's house(how did I get invited, I hate football and parties!) James is bringing boiled peanuts, mmmmm, and wanted me to go to the Farmer's Market for him. He forgot to tell me how to get there, and I have NO idea where it is. All I know it is that it's over by his mom's house. I guess I will have to call him and find out (just as soon as my phone charges)

We have karate this morning and then I have to go to Joann's for buttons. I swear I am in that store every day. Even when I didn't work there! James lost a button on his chef jacket and I just assumed there were extras sewn into the sleeve (like his Friday's jackets) but I was wrong. :(

I have to finish the bag for my friend at work. Did I tell you the fusible fleece mishap? The material she chose was flimsy, so we decided to use fusible fleece (iron on)to give it some shape. I had someone else get it for me (I have never used it before, but she has) and she didn't get fusible (she thought she did, it was labeled that way) So I had to be creative. I didn't want to(and couldn't) quilt the fleece to the material so I had to find another way to do it. In the end I used steam a seam fusible web in between the layers. So after that mishap I was really over making the bag. I just have to line it and make the straps, so if I actually sat down and worked it would only take 1/2 hour at the most.

Besides that I did make the blue and brown quilted bag. Oh how I love that quilted material. It's so easy to make a bag. I finished it in no time, since it didn't need interfacing or lining. I just have to finish the straps. I NEVER FINISH THE STRAPS. I have 2 bags in the closet that I made for myself but never got around to the straps. I have every intention of finishing this one because it came out really cute.

I'll go take a picture.

No comments: