Thursday, February 09, 2006

Soooo

That jackass found his watch, it was in the couch. He also cleaned the house (I mean really cleaned) on his two days off. It shows how much I was slacking, if he decides he can't stand it anymore. I am sloppy, he likes it neat.

I am listening to them play cards. I think J is teaching little to play War.

We went and toured one of the two schools we like for kindergarten. They have scheduled tours, which are nearly impossible to make. I tried to schedule an appt with the second school but the butthead hasn't called me back yet. The other program director called me and let us take the tour the same day.

Being in an Elementary school really brought back memories. I haven't been in one since I was a little girl. Do they all smell the same? This one had that same weird smell as mine. Seeing the classrooms really sparked my desire to be a kindergarten teacher (which is what I wanted to be when I was younger)

Our county is so in need of teachers that they will take anyone with an existing degree and pay for their schooling to get a teaching degree, as long as they agree to teach in a needy school. I wish they would do it for anyone that wants to teach. I sure could use that free 4 year degree.

I need to start thinking about school but we really can't afford it. We're still paying J's student loans, and we just don't have enough income (and I don't qualify for financial aid) to add another loan to it. I don't like the idea of working (FT to afford school) and going to school full time. Think the house is messy now? Picture it then!

Time for dinner. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. I'm tired.

1 comment:

GypseeMommy said...

I can totally sympathize! Thank God my medical transcription courses aren't as expensive as most, or I would be completely screwed. We fall right in that area where you make to much for financial aid, yet can't afford to pay for it yourself. Good luck with finding a solution though! I think you'd make a really good teacher.