Saturday, February 11, 2006

Karate really pissed me off

(I remember Amy having a problem like this)

Some of the kids are really agressive during sparring. The rules are: NO CONTACT. When you are punching you are to come close but not touch your partner. Most of the kids follow the rules but there are a few who are overly aggressive. And believe me I can tell the difference. The last few sessions another mom and I had noticed that the instructors either don't pay attention or don't say anything.

Today I asked them to especially watch the boy James was sparring because he is too rough. Even though I asked they still let the boy hit too hard. So now it's time to have a meeting with the owner. (me and another mom who until now have let it slide.) One of the boys kicked James to the ground, and NOT on accident. So hard that he flew across the mat. They noticed that one but I am still pissed about it. The little jerk is a black belt and supposed to be setting a GOOD example. The other little jerk is his friend (hmmm is it obvious why they are both little jerks?) and punched James square in the chest and then hit the other boy. Just last week the little boy got hit so hard in the face that he had a bruise. Today he got very upset (as the little jerk knocked him to the ground and then kept punching him) and I don't blame him. I understand they are supposed to be learning to defend themselves, but the instructors don't pay attention and the little kids are getting hurt. I am not paying money so my son can be bullied by the other children. It's not a class to release aggression. I know I signed a contract but if something doesn't change I will stop paying them and could care less what they put on my credit report.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I did have a problem with that only it was girls being bullies if you can believe that crap. Little J doesn't need to be scared to go, he needs to know its a safe place. Good luck!

GypseeMommy said...

I'd be very mad if I were you! Nobody wants their kid to be bullied anywhere, especially at a class like this. I thought a big part of karate classes were to learn self control?? I definitely think this is something to talk to the owner about, since its been going on for a while and the teachers aren't doing anything about it. Good luck!