Saturday, April 01, 2006

We skipped karate

We had to get up at 5:30 to take J sr to work. I didn't feel like going to karate and dealing with all the people. Saturday's are just too crowded. But we went. At least we attempted to. James fell asleep in the car on the way there so I took it as a sign that it was ok to skip today's class. I sat in the parking lot and talked to my mom (letting J sleep because as soon as I cut the engine he wakes up) and then had to call Restoration Hardware. My mom needed three drawer knobs that had been discontinued and she made me try to find a store that had them. She tried for weeks on the phone and got nowhere. I emailed them and had the knobs within 6 hours. I purchased them from a store in Massachusetts two weeks ago and my mom has yet to receive them. The women who helped me today said that UPS had tried to deliver them on several occasions but couldn't because they didn't have out apt number. They were supposed to be shipped to my mom's house, and it was written right there on the order form, morons....... So they will be shipped again next week, let's hope they can read this time.

I decided to go to TJ Max and Hobby Lobby (yes I am back to my hoblob addiction) I didn't find anything worth buying at the MAXX but Hoblob had glue on sale and that's what I needed. Their "Fabri-tac" is $2 cheaper then ours, and it was on sale besides. I need it to glue on James karate stars. The other "fabric" glue I got was CRAP. I also bought some more scrapbook paper/cardstock and some gluesticks for James. His are all dried up.

We headed to the mall for lunch and some more shopping. We ate, headed over to B&N to play with the Train Table, and then went to Target. I needed some basics and didn't feel like fighting the crowds or traffic at wal*mart.

James is napping and I have some major cleaning to get done.

OHHHH before I forget, the phone.... The tech came yesterday around 5pm. The phone wasn't working so he said "I can bill you if you want" Ummm hell no. It's not my phone jack to maintain, and it's not like I currently have service. I told him I wasn't paying and if he couldn't fix it without charging me then he could just shut the service off and I would use another company. I am not going to pay $100 for someone else's fuck-up. So he jiggled the wires a bit and POOF!! I had service. They might be able to get $100 from some other idiot but not me!

Now I need to clean or James is going to leave me ;)

No comments: