Friday, April 14, 2006

So anyway

Here's what I forgot to put in any of today's posts.....

1.) Coming back from the zoo I faced my biggest (current) fear. Traffic on the Dame's Point Bridge was almost at a stand still. Why does that scare me? Besides the fact that it's so high and I hate bridges anyway, it's because I have a terrible fear of being on an incline in a stick shift. The rollback factor makes me nauseous as a passenger. As a driver it makes me freeze and then I have the fear of stalling out. So as I came to the bridge and I saw what was happening my palms started sweating, my heart was racing, and I was mumbling small prayers. I slowed down as much as I could without coming to an actual stop and then I continued up the bridge in 2nd gear. Traffic resumed at the top and it was smooth sailing to the bottom.

2.) As little J is running around in his new boots (and only boxer briefs besides) I called him "cowboy James." He told me to call him "cowboy checkers." I asked him how he came up with that name and he said "his heart told him!" How cute is that?

3.) Yesterday he found "War Heads" in one of his Easter eggs. If any of you have ever eaten a War Head you know how disgustingly, bitterly sour they are. I told him he wouldn't like them, he didn't believe me. I told him he could eat one if he stood in front of me so I could see the look on his face when he put it in his mouth (mother of the year goes to...) He did and I almost fell off my bed while his eyes bugged out, his cheeks sucked in and he started dry heaving. Then he spat it out and was mad at me! It was hilarious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny about the war heads. I've done the same thing! You should have taken a picture.

GypseeMommy said...

We used to give Emi lemons just to see the face she made too, so see that wasn't that bad. Atleast you didn't keep doing it like we did, LOL.