Friday, April 14, 2006

More then a two liner!

I meant to post again and give more detail but you know how it is when J is off. I get nothing done.

The bank called me Tuesday morning to offer the position. It's a really good offer and I am very grateful that I got it. She said my vacation was approved (but even if it hadn't I wouldn't have passed on this job, not since I have been waiting a year to get it!) and that I could start training on the 24th of April. It was either that or May 3rd. And I didn't want to start that late because my vacation wouldn't have been approved. Mom and Dad are going to come down since we have to be here for Niece's HS graduation (remember we were gonna go to ohio) But as long as we get to see them I don't care where we are......

We went Tuesday and got a car. J was disappointed because he couldn't find anything with decent mileage for the $$ we had. He wasn't expecting to get an awesome new car or anything like that but everything he found had 200k or more miles on it. (sick) He found one he REALLY wanted but it was way out of our price range if I didn't get this job. So he just kept his eye on it and eventually they lowered the price by $2000 and then I got the job, so he got his car. It's a 1999 Cadillac Catera and very clean. The only drawback is that the previous owner was a smoker and that's a smell you can never get rid of. Besides that it's a beautiful car!! He is in heaven and I am jealous of it's tinted windows and quiet engine (my kia has neither) But once we pay down MY car (yes it's finally just MY car) he wants to get me a new car (he's so sweet) I don't mind the kia THAT much so I am content to just tint the windows (oh my gosh the car is sweltering in the summer) If we are able to trade it in we will but if not it still runs just fine so I'm ok with it.

Little J and I are home today because school is closed for the holiday. I planned on doing something with him besides sit in the house all day. I figured the zoo or the beach but so far the weather doesn't look all that fabulous and I haven't checked the reports yet.

Darlene and I did our usual thursday get together which I am gonna miss once I start the new job. What are we gonna do?????? The kids had a great time playing but it was a little hairy getting AJ ready to leave and then James started in on it too, the little monster.

I guess I ought to get ready for the day.

1 comment:

CJ said...

Oh, I like the Cateras!! Of course, with my crew I need a minivan...which I'm actually kinda looking forward to!

Who woulda thunkit?