Thursday, May 29, 2008

SHUT UP!

I got a book from the library. When I start a book I don't put it down until I am done and I don't like to be interrupted. Especially by idle chit chat. The only time I have to read is when the boys are fast asleep, as any mom knows. (B)James was especially talkative this evening. I didn't really care about the t.v. show he was watching or the story about his personal experience with it. Sometimes he tells the same story and I get tired of pretending to be interested. I went upstairs for awhile hoping he would then be quiet. I was wrong. I finally asked him to leave me alone and I hurt his feelings. Now he is downstairs mad and not talking to me. Why does he have to be mad, why can't he just be quiet? He said "I haven't been here all day, why didn't you read then?" Hmmm because instead of going back to bed after a restless night w. the baby, I had to get all dolled up and go to James' portfolio celebration and after that I went to the grocery store and to find an end of year gift for Ms. Teacher. When I got home Chris was still restless and only took a half hour nap. So while he did that I ate lunch, God forbid. And then when I finally got him to take a real nap I fell asleep with him, but only for an hour, because before I knew it (L)James was ringing the doorbell, 3:30 already????? And then there was time to do homework and head off to Karate. And then another quick run to Publix so (L)James could choose flowers for Ms. Teacher. And then home to cook dinner, who knew you needed milk for meatloaf? I substituted water and it came out fine! and while dinner was in the oven and nearly burning it was time to bathe Chris and get him ready for bed. Meanwhile (L)James needed to read a few last books to me. So as I was doing this and that and everything there was no time to read my book. And so it was said "husband please forgive me but give me 30 minutes to finish my book. Then I am all yours." (B)James said "that's OK, I don't want to talk to you anyway!" Awwww fantastic! That leaves me time to sit here and vent and then laugh and then go finish reading.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

do you wanna know what I laughed at in this post?

you getting "all dolled up" LMAO!!!

love you Bon!