Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Shoot

I just realized that I was going to make brownies for James' Karate instructors. Thinking today was the last day we would see them before Christmas I hurried them into the oven. BUT today is Tuesday. Today is graduation but he still has class tomorrow. I'm such a dunce. But at least I won't rush the cooling process. They only take 30 minutes in the oven so I'll just let them cool and package them for tomorrow.

I've got everything ready. The camera and his pressed uniform are ready by the front door.

I got our Christmas box from my sister, but I haven't picked it up from the office yet. Just as well, this way I am not tempted to peak or shake. And hopefully I can control myself until Christmas.

I have found the 2nd thing to hate about James' new job. (1 being the vacation) They aren't doing a christmas party, not even dinner. Instead the GM took his vacation and went out of town. Even though they aren't supposed to take time off during a holiday, and that's why we aren't in Ohio right now. Bastard!!! I am still planning to go in January. I still have to get with dad, but so far that's the plan. I would love to be able to go the first week. The twin's are having their b-day (4) party and M said "James is gonna be at my party" Makes us all sad that the cousins can't be together. But D is having the party on their actual birthday, which is the 3rd. No good for requesting time off now. So I think we will surprise my other sister (A) for her b-day on the 21st.

Work was hell today. We only had two scheduled cashiers, so I had to keep calling stockers for backup. I new I would get stuck come 12:30. They always put me on the main register, so it's hard to get away. Today there was no one to jump in for me. I apologized but it was already 20 til. They understood and let me go. As I was leaving the girl that was supposed to relieve me was coming back from lunch, a few minutes late and very slow!

James had a better day, but still wanted to throw a fit for me. Gosh I hate that crap!

Time to check my brownies and I'll be leaving soon. I finally have the chance to go to World Market without it being totally out of the way.


*update* 3:11 pm/ Well hell. The damn things are done and I have an hour to spare. Maybe they will be cool enough to put in the tin by the time I leave.

*another update* If you ever see me in red at diarylandd, it's just because I am trying to keep the account current.

1 comment:

GypseeMommy said...

Hope the graduation went well! I've got you beat on dumb moments though. I thought C's party was Tuesday and the teacher had to call me to bring the goodie bags on to the party on MONDAY. OOPS! LOL. Atleast your moment wasn't something that your child's teacher had to correct you on~