Monday, December 26, 2005

It's not a house but.....

I found a new apartment complex that I want to look at.

It's a 2 bed 1.5 bath 1100 sq ft townhouse for $40 less then what we pay now (that'd be like having no water bill) and it's only 4 miles from James' restaurant. Which means it's only 6 miles from Karate, instead of the 20 we drive now. Which means he could take the bus if he ever needed to, (or me, I don't mind the bus)

Doesn't that sound perfect? I hope James will even enertain the idea. I hate to be pessimistic but I don't think we're ready for a house. Especially since I found that what we would pay for $150,000 mortgage (with no down payment) is what someone else would pay for a $500,000 mortgage. Doesn't seem right does it? But when I try to reason with him, it's me being negative about everything.

I'll have to tread lightly with this one, but since he was looking at purchasing a Town House I don't see the real difference at this broke point in our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this works out for you , apartment living is for the birds !!

Unknown said...

good luck with the house-hunting! maybe james will see it your way. :)