Saturday, December 31, 2005

First let's talk about bills. But scroll to the break line if you don't wanna hear it! I opened my power bill to find that it is just as high now (and I have not used the a/c or heat) as it was this summer. That really ticks me off. In MS it would go down 30-40 dollars in the winter.

I am still a month behind on a few things but instead of paying a litle here and there, I pay the overdue in full, which keeps them happy. Eventually I am hoping to catch up, but as we all know that's very hard to do.

I did my payday budget and we'll have $200 after the rent/bills are paid and we buy food and gas. Not bad considering we usually have nothing when the rent is due. We wouldn't even have $200 if I wasn't working that silly little job.

This year I wanted to take our tax refund and pay off my credit debt. By doing so we would have an extra $200 a month, sick I know. But James wants to buy a second car, which we really need. I guess we'll be poor another year but I will pay the cards off next year whether he wants to or not. He got his furniture 2 years in a row. (New living room in 2004, bedroom in 2005) now he's getting a car. His needs are met, it's time to pay off the debt. If we don't we'll never get a home loan, or be able to save a dime of our paycheck.

That's all about money.
-------------------------------

Do ya'll have any superstitions about New Year's?

James believes if the house is not spotless when midnight comes then it will be dirty the whole year. I don't believe in silliness such as that! Do you?

1 comment:

GypseeMommy said...

I have never heard the one about the house being clean at midnight, but I have always been told that whatever you are doing exactly at midnight is what you'll do lots of through out the year. Hmmm, kinda gives you some good ideas to try, huh, LOL. As for the bill thing, we are having the same kind of dilema. I say we need new furniture, Terry says pay off credit cards. Both are much needed, but we'll probably pay off the credit cards. Then I'll just run part of it right back up paying for school after we move. Go figure.