Sunday, May 14, 2006

No sleeping in for me

Usually I sleep until 10 or later on Sundays. Little J turns on cartoons, grabs a yogurt and a juice box and plays on our bed. This morning he was especially needy and kept waking me up. So here I am but still in my jammies. It's a beautiful day and I'll get moving in a little while.

I have got to ask about daycare "tuition" for the time Little J is off. He gets one week free, but the week we're taking isn't a true week. He'll be off thurs-thurs. So I am not sure how that'll turn out. I am really hoping it'll end in our favor. The director is one of the nicest woman (actually the whole administrative staff is awesome) so I think she'll work with us. I'll gladly accept even half off the normal payment.

I am going to be really sad to leave their center. They have been wonderful and Little J has learned so much. I am glad he will be staying with them over summer. I also really like the "Christian" environment/learning. Everyone knows I don't go to church but that doesn't mean I don't believe or want little J to learn about God. I think I may look into private school once I get settled into my job and we figure out the mess that buying a house is.

I got my new checks yesterday and it's the first time I have used a check register in almost 2 years. I am not sure how long it'll last. I definitely won't use it to log in debit purchases since I have the benefit of on-line banking. As soon as we use the card it shows, so it's really easy to "balance" and I haven't done that either. I just make sure we have enough money and then do daily updates on our available balance. Working at a bank has really made me less anal about the account. I used to balance every day and get really pissed when J would forget to tell me about a purchase. Thank goodness for online banking!!!!!

I'd done with my tea and now seems a fine time to get in the shower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mom's day! Hope you get something special.