Sunday, June 25, 2006

My BF had her daughter yesterday morning. Mom and daughter are doing just fine (sigh of relief) She has not named her yet but is leaning toward Isabella, which I LOVE Although we knew she was gonna be early we both thought she would go into labor next week, so I still have the box of goodies sitting here. I am pretty sure that they can get to Orlando in the next two days and I know that she does have enough stuff to get buy. Her aunt bought her the pack 'n' play she needed and her mom bought her "layette." She took a car seat safety class and they gave her a seat for only $20. Somehow the girl scraped by and got what she needed. I am making her diaper tote #2 and it's gonna be so cute. It's purple quilted brocade with gold and lavender butterfly's. It's hard getting the outer pockets on perfectly so I am going to rip it one more time. The other bag is just as cute and in the box ready to go. I really hope she likes it. I also went through my bin of baby stuff and found some sleepers to send along with the new ones.

I go through J's baby bin annually and try to weed out the stuff I really don't need. I figured I can always buy new sleepers, no sense holding onto them until who knows when. But I think I have gotten rid of all I will. Most of the clothes now are the expensive or really cute outfits that I just can't give up.

I go tomorrow to have my progesterone levels checked. And then comes the dreaded HSG. I am going to inquire about evening hours, since it will be at an outpatient center. If I could get an appointment around 4pm I think I could swing it at work.

In other news:
I talked to my other BF (from Jr high) for three hours last night. I have been friends with her for 15 years, gosh how crazy that sounds. But we drifted apart in high school, different social settings. I haven't talked to her in about 4 years. She saw my mom at the grocery store and gave mom her phone number. It was really nice being able to talk to someone who remembers the fun we had. It's easier than trying to tell someone who has no idea and really doesn't really care.

We were amazed at the time that has passed and how everyone has grown up. Her son will be in third grade and she has a two year old daughter. She couldn't believe my nephew will be 13 (none of us can) or that little J will be five already. Time really flies and it's scary to look back on. We don't feel old it's just sad when you begin to realize you'll never get those years back.

-----
It's time for my weekly cleaning and I am not looking forward to it. At least the laundry's not so bad this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing so well. I miss your more frequent updates but I know you are busy now that you are a working woman! :o)

GypseeMommy said...

I'm glad things are good with your BF and her baby. Its great that you are doing all this to help her. Good luck with the doctor stuff coming up :)