Sunday, June 18, 2006

Double damn

Something always blows my good streak.

My fish died. Now I know it's just a fish but I was very attached to him. We've had him for almost 4 years so it was just old age(in fish years). I guess we would have been quite a sight if you had seen little J and I crying by the fish tank. Big J laughed at me, "since it's just a fish." He also told me to go buy a new one. Ummm hello non-replaceable...... We're burying him at sea (the pond) this afternoon.

Also I have not yet ovulated and I should be. Which can be bad or GREAT. I am gonna lean towards great and keep my fingers crossed that my period won't come either.

But here's back to my good streak. I had to buy tires a few months ago and they ended up being crap and the dealership didn't care. So I had to buy new again. Talk about pissed. Anyway. I called my dad to ask him what kind of tire to buy. J says I can't do anything without calling my dad, but in truth I had tried to call him 4 times with the same question. When my dad didn't answer I called a family friend. He didn't answer either so I made the decision on my own. I had seen an add for Firestone. 4 tires for $100. I didn't know if I should get cheap one's again. I even pulled the tires up on line and they seemed ok, but I couldn't find anyone to consult with. My dad called me back while I was purchasing the $300 tires and offered to pay. WHY WOULD I SAY NO. James thinks I did it on purpose (sub-consciencely to get dad to pay) but I had my debit card ready to swipe. I DID NOT think dad would offer to pay. I mean it was $300. I could have seen him paying for the $100 ones. So that's the good. Dad paid for my tires. And even if I try to pay him back he won't cash my checks.

Now I have to go grocery shopping and I SO don't want to.

(and blogger spell check did not recognize "ovulated")

No comments: