Thursday, June 05, 2008

It's over

Today was J's last day of 1st grade. They got out at noon and I was still in my pj's when he got home. He was quite surprised and then said "ohhhhh it's still morning." What a cutie. In reality I was just too tired and lazy. I finally showered around one o'clock. We went to Karate and Target so James could get a treat. His dad told him if he had a good week he would give him a surprise. James took that to mean a new toy. I am wondering why his Dad chose to do this on the last and easiest week of school. James chose a power ranger which will soon end up with the other power ranger toys he has. His report card was good. He got an E in Math, an S+ in Communications, and an S- in Conduct. They don't get separate grades for everything and I am always confused as to what all is under Communications. It's not like when I was little and there was a grade for everything we did except lunch.

I look forward to a fresh start in second grade. Hopefully the temper tantrums will finally cease. If not we will roll with it just like the last two school years.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

happy summer!

Hopefully we can hang out on a Saturday soom!