Thursday, June 26, 2008

Home sweet home

It's good to be back in my own bed and not wearing pajama's!

Ohio was lovely but everything is changing and I didn't like it.

-The new school behind and next to my parent's house is almost finished. It sits on their property line and lights up our 1 acre back yard. HATE it!

-Our 100 year old Buckeye tree's limbs came crashing down in a storm and smashed my mom's car. We had two and they were the most beautiful trees. Mom had both of them cut down before they smashed the house. They were probably the only two in the city of the state nicknamed buckeye. Of course buckeye trees can be a pain. The buckeye's in their spiky husk, the nuts themselves, the husks when they get dry, brittle, and stuck in your heel, the heavy leaves that fall all autumn long. But they WERE beautiful and it was like cutting away my childhood.

-Dunkin Donuts was a stupid effing check cashing place, wtf?

But we had fun too!

-We spent the first two days playing in/at the river. It was cold so I didn't go in but everyone else is used to cold water and enjoyed themselves.
-We spent father's day at my sister's community pool. Again the water was COLD but there were water slides and it was great. The day itself was hot and we grilled in the pavilion. My sister and I sunned ourselves, read and ate a whole bag of cookies. No problem for her skinny self but I swear I gained ten pounds!
-We went to the children's museum which was heaven for the kids and hell for the parents.
-My sis and her BF took James to the history museum while Mom and I went to a baby shower. The shower was slow moving and we snuck out long before the cake.
-We grilled out at home while my sister gave dad, her kids and husband haircuts. I said "it's summer, who cares if you screw up? give James one too!!" I was tired of picking out his hair each morning. My sister was concerned as she was not used to cutting his type of hair and gives the most basic of haircuts. It turned out just fine.
-We went to Niagara Falls, NY and it was great. I have never been and it was a nice change from the touristy Canadian side. The view of the falls wasn't as good but we walked the gorge under/into/around the American Falls. We got soaked and took a lot of pictures with my sister's new waterproof camera. We also rode the Maid of the Mist. This is my favorite thing to do but we always missed the season by a day or two.
-James and I went to the Farmpark and he loved every minute of it. We went to all the demonstrations we could and he LOVED grooming the horse. They brought out a mini and we were the only ones there so James got to groom for 30 minutes. He would have done it longer but I felt bad for the little guy having to stand there. We didn't get to see everything because I forgot to bring a bottle for Christopher.
-We took a gazillion photos of our old elementary school. The new one is the eyesore behind my mom's house. It was the three of us and my dad as cameraman. We laughed a lot and it is captured in each frame. Even though I look like a cow I will cherish those photo's forever.

Of course there was much more and TONS of pictures. The disks we had were defective so I couldn't bring any home with me. I am waiting for my dad to burn them and drop them in the mail.

In Christopher news: He rolls over, does push ups and is trying to crawl, seems to be getting teeth bumps, sleeps only on his belly and no matter how many times I roll him onto his back he turns right back over, and is almost sitting on his own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I to hate all those changes from the way it was in my childhood. It just makes it less like home.