Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Going to bed.

I bribed James tonight. I told him he could stay up until 9pm if he didn't act like an idiot while we shopped. Now you might be concerned that I just called him an idiot. I didn't. He just acts like one from time to time, mostly when we are at the mall. And no I didn't say that to him. I just asked him to behave.

The mall was a bust. Except for the 5 pack of Carter's Onesies that I got for free. They were on clearance for $10 and I had a $10 off a $10 purchase coupon. SCORE! These are the same onesies that I was going to buy at Ross the other day but something told me not to. After the mall we headed to a different Target which was also a bust. Except for the $1 off a $1 food counter coupon I found in my cart. FANTASTIC, because James wanted a drink. SCORE again! And then we headed home with nothing more exciting then our two freebies.

I made James tacos while he played outside with the neighbors. I begged him not to go because their Daddy just got home from doing his soldierly duty for the past year. Seriously, he's been gone a freakin year. I figured they would want to be alone (I would) but they were totally cool about it.

Christopher fell asleep screaming. I tried to read him a bedtime story but he was having none of it. I just kept reading until he eventually fell asleep.

James came up to bed at 9pm but then we ended up reading a few stories. He wanted me to read the Beatrix Potter collection we have but I vetoed that one fast. The stories are so long. I told him to go to sleep. He didn't. I told him again and this is how he responded. "I just fall asleep, it's not like I can force myself to." It was so funny, I wish I had it on video. He has since fallen asleep and is out like a light.


No comments: