Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You'd be surprised

at what a nice pair of jeans can do for your self esteem.....

I have steadily gained weight since I got pregnant with James. I gaiend 60 pounds with him and 7 years later it's still all there. I was lucky enough not to gain much weight with Christopher and lose all plus ten of it after. I am not a small women and I carry it ALL in my stomach. Let's just say trying to shop for clothes does more harm then good.

J loves Dillard's. I hate it. I had a preconceived notion that I couldn't fit what was cute and trendy and would only be able to wear what was in the "old lady" section. It turns out that I was right. BUT the liz claiborne jeans that were on the old lady clearance rack are anything but "old lady" and they are awesome. For some reason LC runs big so I am down 2 sizes just becuase of the label. SWEET! The jeans fit perfectly and look very nice. Plus I think it's about time that I looked "mature and grown up" rather the "cute" and that leads me to the tattoo I have on my chest. I think 2009 will be the year to have it removed. It will take all of 2008 to save up for it. A $50 will cost a small fortune to remove. If I ever wished I had listened to my mother it would be about that. I don't mind the tattoo really, just the location. It does nothing for my "mature and grown up" look. And it's really hard to find shirts that cover it up. I even tried Derma-Blend, which boasts that it can cover anything, it can't. I sat in the makeup chair for an hour while they tried every concealing make up they had, nothing worked. But my jeans look fanstastic so that's good enough for now.

I am off to the post office. Do you think I can manage a car seat and a package just as big? I don't but I will try my best.

No comments: