Saturday, February 16, 2008

Soooo

I got the "baby whisperer" book. I am not one for parenting books. I have a million but as you can probably tell I don't finish reading the darn things. Sooo incredibly boring, even if they probably hold the answer to all my problems :)

Anyway. This book is great. I am actually enjoying it and absorbing the information!

I borrowed it from the library but I might just buy it. I have to own any book that I like, just so I can flip through it whenever I please.


----- In other news -------
My sister, who just went back to work after being a SAHM mom for 6 years, was telling me a funny story about going to her local Target so often that she was sure the employees recognized her and perhaps even snickered behind her back. She would browse said target at least once a day. It's not that she was buying anything. She just loves Target, especially the clearance end caps. She has just begun a new job because her eldest will be going to high school next year and the yearly tuition will be what she pays for all 3 now. YIKES. Talk about the ultimate sacrifice! But back to my story. She misses going to Target a billion times a week. That said... I, now being a SAHM mom again, find myself not browsing one, but all THREE of our targets. I may go to the one by my house, then I get bored and go to the one by James' school, and then on the weekend I go to the other one by the skeeby mall. Darlene can you guess which target that is? Unlike my sister I am actually buying stuff. I CAN NOT CONTINUE DOWN THIS PATH. I must attend Target anonymous. I am blowing all my money on that damn clearance. BUT I did redo my bathroom in the pattern I have been drooling over for a year. It was 50% and I was in heaven.

Bad news for me. I have blown my diet big time. Although I lost 25 punds after the baby I fear that the scale will say differently when I go to the Dr for my postpartum in two weeks. I am crossing my fingers. What really did me in was that james bought me a half gallon of moosetracks ice cream, well frozen yogurt. And then on Valentine's day he brought home Raspberry Lemon cheescake from the Cheesecake Factory. OH MY GOD was it good. I have never tasted anything so good. So yeah I want to kill him since i have no self control and had to eat two pieces. Let's just say that snack are banned from my house. J has been instructed to buy enough for one serving and not to let me have "just a taste."

Bed time for me now. Both boys are asleep but little chris will be up around 2am.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

oh, come on!! what's so wrong with the skeeby Target? It usually has the best deals (mainly b/c nobody actually SPENDS $$ there, they just window shop because they are waiting for their "check" to get there on the 3rd! HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Girl, I'm with ya on gaining weight. Due to all the meds I am on , I have gained like 14-17 lbs! In three weeks! YIKES! Wanna go to CInnabon?!