Saturday, December 02, 2006

Life is good

We, meaning J actually helped me with some form of decorating, added some snowflake "garland" to the tree. It's that thin wire stuff. I LOVE it. And it was only $1 a roll. It looks much better now. I was going to do a bow as Jamie suggested, but couldn't find the exact teal-ish blue I used. I would have done popcorn per CJ but ummm, we would have eaten most of it!

Little J is doing MUCH better in school. He hasn't thrown a tantrum in a few weeks which is awesome. We have replaced one problem with another though. Now he calls out answers (at least he knows them) I am not as seriously concerned about this one. We talk about raising his hand and being called on before he answers and hopefully the repetitive reminders will help him.

J got a new TV and we upgraded the cable. I am loving all the extra kid shows that are actually age appropriate and kid friendly. I have never been so happy to watch the magic school bus! With the previous limited channels he would get upset when I turned off "Zach and Cody" or "Raven." Now he can watch "On Demand" shows which is awesome. I love the on demand, but I would like DVR for myself (didn't get it) as not many shows I like are on demand......

And now drumroll please.....................





J GOT A NEW JOB. Yep another one. And this one makes me soooo happy. Of course he will go back to not getting holidays off (since they don't close for major holidays) but he gets better vacation and they pay for his (not ours) medical. So where's he going. Right back to FRIDAY'S!!!!!

He'll be paid MUCH more then he got in MS and he is in Florida. I told him that maybe, as you look at the bigger picture, it all worked out in the end. He never really wanted to leave the company but he wanted to come home and get better pay. It took two years, but it happened. It will be a franchise store so a lot will be different, but for him it's like going "home."

Smiles are aplenty in our house and it feels so good.

Small blessing mean the most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how great for you guys! I'm glad J is back at Fridays he was much happier there and lord knows the food is way better. Congrats to both of you. Little J will get the hang of raising his hand.