Thursday, December 14, 2006

I need a vacation

The last couple of days have been rough. So awful in fact that I questioned the necessity of my job. The stress it's creating just isn't worth it. Today was a little better but not much. I'll be grateful for the weekend and hopefully things will get back on track next week.

The party went well. Lots of food! We had a good time and the new guy stayed long after all the "mom's" went home. He really is a sweet kid so I didn't mind that much. I thought it was funny.

James pictures came out SO cute, but I don't have my scanner hooked up. Unlike all the other crazy mom's in there I wasn't up to spending $150 or more on photos. Gosh people go nuts at Christmas! The photographer we had was fantastic until she realized she wasn't going to be able to sell me anything besides the $10 package no matter what she said. She got a little snippy but that's ok.

I bought J a food processor for Christmas. I just couldn't think of anything else. And yes that sucker cost just as much as the playstation that I have been avoiding. I am not sure he'll want the FP but he can always return it. I have no idea what he bought me. I do know that he has spent a lot of money on himself. I understand he needs new work clothes but it seems like he has spent an awful lot. It's not like he had to start over either. He has a whole closet full.

I have a cake to ice and I really don't feel like it......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People do go totally nuts buying pictures sometimes, and its just crazy. I did one year at Christmas and ended up with so many that I didn't even hang half of them up and had a ton of extras after giving them out too. After that, we stick to the one package and MAYBE one extra something if its just a great picture.

I'm glad your party went well! I hope you guys have a great Christmas and things improve at work. I don't know how you do it. I feel overwhelmed some days just dealing with the home stuff, I can't imagine throwing in a full time job too!