Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Things are a little crazy around here.

So first. J FINALLY got his bonus check. 18 months late. He drove as fast as he could to the local electronics stores to price humongous TVs. Then we priced them on line and found one that was a really good deal at circuit city, who screwed up terribly and I will NEVER shop there again. (the rant is a post in itself so I will save that for later). We purchased the t.v. and moved the other one into the middle room (it's between the two bedrooms, a landing I guess, but not a den)

I had the genius idea to hook my PC up to it and get rid of my ancient monitor.




Well, it's huge and I have to sit FAR away!



We've searched hi and low to find the perfect sofa/love seat/chairs but can't find a thing I am in LOVE with. So this is what I am sitting/typing on.


Yes it's an old writing desk. My sister found it in someones trash. I don't know how I ended up with it, since they are in Ohio, but my dad refinished it and brought it down. For some reason my wireless keyboard/mouse aren't working too well and it's driving me crazy. Not to mention that my butt is numb and the keyboard is all over the place without a proper tabletop. But I guess it's better than the squeaky folding chair I was sitting on.

The room was wonderfully clean and then all of a sudden a laundry hurricane and a cat hit it.









These two are thick as thieves.




This one crawls now and has to be watched like a hawk.



He also enjoys getting my hair.




And this one sneaks my camera to take self portraits.



He also likes taking pictures of the cat.





This is the burn I got while searing a pot roast. Me cooking? Crazy I know, and this is what I get for trying.




J was on vacation and we did nothing, which is fun and boring at the same time. It wasn't planned. The company said if you don't take it we're not paying it out to you once the sale is complete and the new company isn't going to roll it over.




I've gained 20 pounds and hate myself. These are my new best friend and they are quite delicious!





I am sure the extra weight is from eating ice cream every day. Thanks J. I really appreciate that you were so thoughtful and bought me my own half gallon on several occasions. I am entertaining the idea of working out. I don't want to be Ms. Fatty McButterpants (king of queens) So I bought some new shoes and have grand ideas about hitting the treadmill or maybe the pavement once school starts again. It's nearly impossible to do with the boys, I have tried.

And now I must get back to the thieves. One is crying and the other one is ignoring him.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I've gained 20 lbs...it sucks! Love the pics.

PS If you like Pretzels, the Chocolate covered pretzel 100 calorie packs are really good!