Sunday, August 10, 2008

boy oh boy

I never realized how much weight you gain during your period. I have never stepped on a scale during mine but I made the mistake the other day. The scale took my awful 20 pounds and turned it into 30. I spent the night curled up in a pitiful fat ball. Today the scale is back to 20, which is still terrible but not nearly as bad as 30. Hopefully cutting back on junk and going back onto the eating plan I had during pregnancy will help. How come I had so much self control while that little boy was in my belly then now? Before I didn't dare eat more than a recommended portion for fear of hurting him but now that it's just me I don't give a crap. I need to work on that!

My burn is much better and the scarring isn't too bad. I don't think it'll be noticeable and besides it's on the inside of my wrist. But now I am having a lip issue. I misplaced my 20 tubes of chapstick and lip gloss and my lips are screaming for moisture. I was tempted to put butter on them awhile ago. They are cracked and dry and ugly. Bahhhh.

J and James are celebrating birthdays. My husband is getting old and I don't like it. And James is 7????? What's that about? We are having a party for them this weekend. I try not to speak ill of his family but no one RSVP'd. I mean how hard is it to acknowledge the email invites I sent out. Is it too much to click "reply" and type "we'll be there" And to top it off not a single one of them called to wish J a happy birthday. Well except his out of town Aunt. And they wonder why we're not all lovey dovey and inviting everyone to everything. Ignoring birthdays hurts my heart. Birthdays, and all major holidays, are important and a big to-do in my family. It's hard to adjust.

We got James' school info today and the teacher sent a list that is completely different then the one they sent at the end of the year. I ended up spending $30 more just to get what was on her list. I was a bit mad but what can ya do? But now we're DONE. No more supplies, no more clothes. School starts in a week and we can't wait. James wants to get back to riding the bus and seeing his friends, who care about learning!

And that's all folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I to have put on some weight and I am not happy about it either. So tomorrow I am starting to cut back even more. I will admit this summer I have been more lax about certain things, mainly ICE CREAM. When it is screaming hot out, I want ice cream. But tomorrow is another day..so hopefully I can knock some of this added off..
I can't wait for school to start, it has been a long long LONG summer.

Darlene said...

you could be dumb like me and weigh at night....ummm, bad idea. I weigh 4-6 pound MORE in the evening than in the morning.

Hope you found some chapstick....