Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Policy

It's a word we are forbidden to say. I spent all day learning how to get our point across without using the term in front of our clients......

As I sat on the phone with Home Depot I heard it several times and it pissed me off just like our instructors said it would.

I needed to return an item. I called and they were going to send UPS to pick it up. Problem was they wouldn't send UPS to my house, instead they sent them to the home I had it shipped too. I told the rep that no one would be there. (friends house) she didn't care and policy dictated she couldn't have it picked up elsewhere, even though I was the one paying for the damn thing..... Well UPS wasn't able to pick it up so I called back today. The latest rep told me I was responsible for sending it out myself because their policy changed and since I'd had buyer's remorse they weren't going to pay for it. I stayed calm (new management skills showing) I politely explained that a customer shouldn't be penalized for a purchase that was made before the new policy and that already had a return approval. It's not my fault the rep wasn't aware of the change. They can obviously see that an approval was given on a specific date. I asked for her supervisor. He went ahead and did it for me but said the pick up may be denied. I told him that's TERRIBLE customer service. I understand if it was a new return and I was aware of the new policy when I made the purchase. I know ya'll know what I mean. If they don't pick up this damn food processor I am going to call anyone I can until it gets resolved. It's just a stupid situation.

No comments: