Sunday, August 13, 2006

The vacation



The family arrived on the 4th and we've had a blast. We couldn't do much since we both had to work and little had school, but we went to the pool every night. They were able to stay for the 2nd pool party (the 1st party was at the Chuckster) Everyone that was invited attended the pool party and I hope they all had fun. My dad and nephew (but mostly my dad) made cakes for both J's and they were awesome!

J started Kindergarten with no trouble at all (and I never expected any) and his new teacher is very nice. I love the school, it's so nice and clean and still has the newness to it, even though it's a few years old.

I like it so much that I don't want to move out of this area until J goes to highschool (the middle school is right next door to the elementary) We don't want to stay in this apartment and house on this side of town start in the 200's, so we are looking at different apartments that will have a much higher price. None are priced TOO high since our rent goes up $20 every time we renew the damn lease. We looked at one yesterday and the pictures were much better then the actual complex! We don't have much time due to the damn 60 day letter of intent policy. We know we aren't staying but if we can't find anything we don't want to be stuck. We have two more weeks befoer notice is due.......

The familt left this morning, so things are back to usual and not quite as fun. J's sis and brother are supposed to come over tonight for dinner to celebrate his birthday. I haven't gotten him a gift yet! I guess I'd better go shopping!

2 comments:

GypseeMommy said...

Great cakes! Glad you got to enjoy some family time and that kindergarten went well. We start tomorrow and I'm not expecting to be so lucky. We'll see though! Good luck with the apartment search. Man, apartments in FL are so expensive for something anywhere near nice.

CJ said...

Happy belated birthday!!