Saturday, August 26, 2006

Wow

It's a beautiful morning. After the terrential downpour yesterday, things have cooled off and for now the humidity is at bay. I have the backdoor open and the birds are chirping away. I love it. I am glad I got up early enough to enjoy it.

I am supposed to be getting ready for Karate, but I am not in the mood. (we're still going though)

I guess there's not much going on here. We decided to renew our current lease again. I just can't justify moving into another apartment that costs $300 dollars more per month. If we stay here we can put that money we would have spent toward my CC debt. Wich is what I have every intention of doing and believe me, J is so mad about it (it's about time) that he will really make me do it. I have no idea why he finally realized how bad it is and that we really need to do something about it but I am glad he did. We have gone rounds on this for years so at least there is an agreement.

The bank has a really awesome first time buyer home loan. If we qualify we can get a 25 thousand dollar grant for the down payment and closing costs. I think if it has anything to do with me that my credit will get us booted right out the door, so I am having J do this alone. Weird how it used to be his credit holding us back and now it'll be mine. But anyway the mortgage lender said it is not a short process so we figured if we got started on that and stayed here (paying down debt) we might have a chance at getting a house by next year.

Ok I really have to go. Damn karate.

No comments: