Monday, August 28, 2006

Headache from hell

My head hurts. I believe the cause is a late dinner, due to Karate. Yes folks I took the kid to karate!!

It's fundraiser time at school and I hate it. Here's my selling pitch: "You can spend 16 bucks on this crap or you can donate $5 and be a non active member of the PTA." How sad that most people are opting to buy the crap. I thought I would make more money with the whole $5 PTA thing, which is totally legit. Any member of the community can join without actually participating. If any of you out there is blog land would like to donate they have a website you can purchase from. (email for the link, I know none of you will and I don't hate you one bit)

In other news. J has gotten a yellow card at least once a week. And what are we on week three???? Every school is different, most work on the 1-5 number scale. J gets colored cards. Green is good, yellow needed some reminding, red is awful and parents are called. I'm not surprised that J needed some reminding. I remember our report cards as girls, always full of "they talk TOO much and DON'T pay attention!!" After all he is only five and they don't take naps. None the less it's a rule he's breaking and I didn't want the consequence to include daddy's belt which was totally gonna happen if he found out. I punished him from the TV for THREE WHOLE DAYS. It was sheer torture (for me) I thought I was going to go insane, but I followed through! He got a green card today and came straight home to watch "animal planet" which is his new obsession.

We're getting a new manager at work and I don't know that I can adjust. She seems to be more of a hardass. Beautiful but a hardass none the less!

Hmmm "none the less" twice in one post. I need a new phrase!

Here's a good story. I took our infant car seat out of the outside storage so I could wash the cover before I give it away. As I was taking it all apart a HUGE cockroach came flying out. I screamed, threw the carseat and then chased the damn thing all over the living room before I finally got it. GROSS. I can just imagine how many others are in the warm dark outside closet. SICK.

All the large baby items that I was going to keep are taking up too much space and at this point I'd just rather buy new. All that is left is the crib, playpen and high chair. I am missing some of the hardware for the crib so I think that may be leaving soon. I am tired of hanging onto all this junk in hopes of using it again. It's already been in storage for 5 years. I can't do it anymore. The car seats are stinky (and have roaches in them, ewww) and the other stuff wasn't so expensive that I couldn't just buy it again. We'll see. J loves the crib, and seems to have a hard time parting with it. I am also ready to get rid of the little tikes playhouse. Yeah we have a playhouse inside this little ass apartment. Little J says it's too small for him now, but it's something else Big J wants to keep. Again, I feel it's something we can re-purchase when the time comes and only if we have backyard to put it in.

Oh too much babbling. I have lunches to make and clothes to wash, and all I want to do is go to bed.

No comments: