Monday, October 09, 2006

It's quiet

No work for me but the kid has school. I really don't have anything to do, well besides cleaning this filthy house :)

Last night J highlighted my hair. And let me just say the $7 dollar revlon highlights are AWESOME. And $7!!!! I am in love! I love my hair dark but it was just too much. The highlights make it look a lot better. And no one would ever know I didn't spend $70. Sweeeet.

J isn't doing better at school and there isn't much more we can do to stop him. I just hope that it's something he will eventually outgrow.

J sr has been thinking about getting a new job. He has FINALLY realized that there is going to be bullshit everywhere. That although we loved his job with Friday's (and miss the free food) there was bullshit there that made him leave. The current BS is a little more maddening but is it so much so that he wants to start all over again. I think he is seeing that it's not worth it. Sure he could get MUCH better vacation time but that's about it. He can't change the hierarchy of upper management no matter where he goes. I am not sure what his final decision will be.

I need to get my butt in school. I can't do my job forever. Although I am happy I can see the potential for advancement isn't great. Of course I could advance but I would have to kiss a lot of ass and I just don't want to. I've realized that I need a career, not a job. But of course I have no idea what I want to do with myself.

It's only 9am. What am I going to do with myself all day......

No comments: