Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sorry, we've been at the pool.

No I didn't fall off the face of the earth but I am thinking about. Things have been a little stressful. J entertained the idea of a new job and even went so far as to accept it verbally and then went dumbass and decided to stay with the company that screwed him. His point is that the company that just bought them out seems strong and well ran. I say fuck em. The new company may be all wonderful and shit but the vacation they earned for this year will not roll over and all employees will be considered new hires. That means no vacation. No 401-k for 90 days. and no benefits for 30 days. (not that the benefits meant much to us)

I am currently on the phone with my employee HR. It especially pissed me off when the rep said she locked me out of my "account" because my security question answers were wrong. Ummmm hello I don't even work there. I have no way to reset that shit. When she went into the policy and procedure and nothing she could do speech (which we are not supposed to say) I asked for her supervisor. They don't really need the security questions. It's just a formality and a huge pain in the ass. So the problem is Metlife has denied a claim for James since december. Since december I have been calling both companies to fix it. no matter how many times my HR updates it metlife says they didn't. So I sat on the phone for 45 minutes while the supervisor emailed it off again (damn I should have had her copy me on that email) and then actually called metlife, which is what they said they were doing two weeks ago. Metlife says HR has never contacted them. I don't believe it. So by end of business it should be correct and the dentist can stop hounding me for the $500 I DON'T owe them. Cross your fingers!

Christopher cut his first two teeth and is sleeping better every night. He has a doctor's appt tomorrow and 6 month pictures.

James is mostly ready for 2nd grade. We got his backpack, lunchbag, and most of his clothing and supplies. I say in all we only spent about $100 (I am the clearance queen)

We are having a dinner party for the joint birthdays in August and I have a closet full of presents.

pardon the bad typing Chris is attacking my hands and keyboard.


i think that's about it.

No comments: