Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lane Bryant. It's a love/hate relationship

It's the only place I can shop the majority of the time. But lately I hate going in there. What pisses me off the most is they know damned well those mannequins they dress are not a size 14. They use the same ones every other store uses so I am going to assume it's around a size 6 or so. The smallest shirts they have are pinned beyond belief, you don't ever wanna buy something off their mannequins even if it a must have last one in your size! Everything looks so cute until you hit the dressing rooms. Bastards. Besides the fact that I cringe at a $40 shirt, everything is so flashy. I don't want sequins, beads, pearls and loud prints. Just because I am plus sized doesn't mean I need to wear a sandwich board screaming it. And if the shirts aren't all jazzed up then they look like maternity shirts. Anyway I walked outta there with three flashy shirts and some new Bermuda shorts. I wouldn't have bought the shirts but they were black and the flash was also black which makes it a little less in your face. Maybe it's there way of saying, "get your lazy ass up and exercise, then you wouldn't even be in here!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HERE FRICKEN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do plus size clothing designers think that plus size women want to wear gigantic fricken flowers, or stripes going the wrong way, or anything with sequins, glitter, or beads? Everything has to draw attention to something we want to camouflage. Why can't they just make the same dang clothing they make for skinny bitches for us to?